ISO 14001 certification: Conserving natural resources in the best possible way
Sustainable environmental management is becoming increasingly important due to growing environmental regulation and more stringent requirements. The international ISO 14001 standard defines prerequisites for an environmental management system. ISO 14001 certification gives you the opportunity to send a strong signal underlining your commitment to the responsible use of natural resources.
The benefits you get from the certification
- Coordination of your environmental protection activities
- Applications for companies of all sizes and in a wide variety of geographical, social and ecological contexts
- Increased resource efficiency
- Reduction of consumption and environmental costs
- Reliable planning of foundational environmental protection measures for expeditious implementation
About ISO 14001 Certification
ISO 14001 focuses on the systematic development of a continuous improvement process. Companies and organizations of all sizes are able to better environmental protection and bolster profitability at both the operational and product levels.
ISO 14001 certification requires a more efficient use of energy and raw materials, as well as waste minimization and targeted risk prevention. In addition, management bears greater responsibility for environmental measures and practices and their integration into business processes. Key figures are also used to improve environmental performance.
Process of ISO 14001 certification
1. Information and preliminary audit (optional): Informative introductory meeting
2. Documentation review: Preparation for certification including document review
3. Certification audit: Our auditors check your environmental management system on site
4. Certificate conferral: After successful certification you will receive our DEKRA test seal
5. Regular monitoring audits: Annual monitoring to ensure proper implementation of requirements in practice
6. Re-certification: Certification renewal every three years.
- General Terms and Conditions of Hangzhou DEKRA Certification Co., Ltd. (PDF, 316 KB)
- General Conditions of Certification (GCC) Hangzhou DEKRA Certification Co., Ltd. (PDF, 722 KB)
- Specail certification conditions for multisite processes according to ISO 9001 / ISO 14001 / BS OHSAS 18001 / ISO 45001 (PDF, 434 KB)