Carbon Neutrality Certification
Carbon Neutral (Climate Neutral) refers to the balance between greenhouse gas emissions generated by human activities and anthropogenic greenhouse gas absorption in a certain period of time, realizing positive and negative offset and achieving relative "zero emissions". According to the different implementation subjects, scope and boundaries, carbon neutralization can include enterprise carbon neutralization, product carbon neutralization, activity/conference carbon neutralization and so on. DEKRA will implement carbon neutrality certification according to PAS2060 standard.
Corporate carbon neutrality
According to PAS2060, the long-term goal of carbon neutrality is decomposed into each implementation year, aiming at guiding manufacturing enterprises to steadily and sustainably promote the implementation of carbon neutrality and carbon disclosure. Specific implementation steps include: verification in the base period, issuance of commitment certificates, energy conservation and carbon reduction, carbon offset, annual verification in the commitment period, issuance of carbon neutral implementation certificates, etc.
Product carbon neutrality
By accounting the carbon footprint of products, we can know the total amount of greenhouse gas emissions generated by a specific type of products in the whole life cycle, and then offset the carbon footprint of products by purchasing green electricity and carbon sinks, so that products become "zero-carbon products".
Carbon neutrality of Events / Conference
By validation and approving the greenhouse gas emissions generated by activities/conferences, giving priority to the implementation of actions to control greenhouse gas emissions, and then neutralizing the greenhouse gas emissions actually generated by large-scale activities by means of carbon offset, so as to achieve carbon neutrality.
The benefits of carbon neutral certification are as follows
- According to the carbon neutrality strategy of enterprises, improve energy efficiency, reduce energy consumption and emissions, gradually decouple economic development from fossil energy, and gradually replace fossil energy with renewable energy, thus promoting sustainable development
- It is helpful for enterprises to strengthen green technology research and development, establish low-carbon or zero-carbon factories with high technology, high energy efficiency and low emission, reduce costs and increase efficiency while promoting the transformation of low-carbon technologies of enterprises, and meet the energy consumption/emission quota targets
- Enhance the consistency and openness of organizing greenhouse gas emission data, and improve credibility and transparency
- Enable organizations to manage the risks related to their greenhouse gas assets or liabilities more effectively, and help promote environmental compliance of enterprises and reduce environmental regulatory risks
- It is helpful for enterprises to identify the problems existing in production and then take targeted corrective measures
- It helps enterprises to display a responsible, high-tech, green and low-carbon corporate image and gain more attention and recognition from the public, high-quality customers and investors
- It is conducive to enhancing the confidence of stakeholders (including investors, customers and consumers). It is helpful for stakeholders to provide a powerful reference when making decisions
Six Steps to Achieve Carbon Neutrality Certification
- Measure or account for the total amount of related greenhouse gas emissions
- Carbon emission reduction actions, create carbon emission reduction strategies, promise carbon emission reduction plans and take actions to actively reduce carbon emissions
- Carbon offset, offsetting the calculated carbon emissions by purchasing green electricity and carbon sinks
- Verify and confirm carbon emissions, carbon emission reduction and carbon offset
- Sign a license agreement
- Issue carbon neutrality certificates and exchange results